There are many Farmers’ Markets in Weld County. Whether you are looking for farm fresh produce, local meats, unique arts and crafts or hand-crafted soaps, your local Farmers’ Market is the place to go!
Weld County Farmers’ Markets:
- Brighton Farmers’ Market Day: August 20th, 10am-4pm, Main Street & Bridge
- Erie Farmers’ Market: Thursdays, May 19 – September 22 from 5-8pm, Briggs St between Wells & Moffatt
- Frederick Farmers’ Market: Thursdays, June-September from 4-8pm, Crist Park (105 5th St)
- Greeley Farmers’ Market: Saturdays, May 21 –October 29, 7:30 am-12pm, Union Pacific Depot (902 7th Ave); Wednesdays, July 6- September 28, 3-6pm, Union Pacific Depot (902 7th Ave)
Growing Kids Program
Make TODAY Count! has partnered with the Healthy Kids Club and the Greeley Farmers’ Market to host the “Growing Kids” Program at the Greeley Farmers’ Market. The Growing Kids Program features a Kid’s Zone at the Market, which is a free program that has kid-oriented activities focused on healthy eating.
Each participating child receives a special $2 coupon to spend at the Market on fruits and vegetables and a reusable shopping bag. The Kid’s Zone takes place on the second Saturday of each month from 9:30 to 11:30am.
- June 11th: 9:30-11:30am – Seed Planting Activity provided by Make TODAY Count!
- July 9th: 9:30-11:30am – Blender Bike provided by the Healthy Kids Club
- August 13th: 9:30-11:30am – TBD, provided by Centennial Area Health Education Center
- September 10th: 9:30-11:30am – Very Hungry Caterpillar Storytime (Fruit Kabobs and Crafts), provided by High Plains Library District
Make TODAY Count! supports Weld County Farmers’ Markets in the following ways:
Chef at the Market
Make TODAY Count! connects local restaurants to the Greeley Farmers’ Market to do cooking demonstrations. Chefs prepare healthy dishes using fresh produce from the Market. These cooking demonstrations are a great opportunity to learn a new, healthy recipe, connect with the community, and support locally grown food.
The following local restaurants have participated in a cooking demonstration:
- The Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
- The Tavern at St. Michael’s Square
- UNC Dining Services
- Pellegrini’s Italian Restaurant