Make TODAY Count! is helping kids and families eat healthy and be active. It’s important to have a consistent message about healthy habits where you live, learn, work and play. So we are partnering with teachers, doctors, child care providers, and community organizations to spread the word about these four healthy habits:
• 5 more servings of fruits and vegetables
• 2 hours or less of recreational screen time*
• 1 hour or more of physical activity
• 0 sugary beverages, more water and low-fat milk
*Keep TV/Computer out of the bedroom.
No screen time under the age of 2.
“5-2-1-0” is a nationally recognized, evidence-based campaign designed to encourage behaviors that can prevent childhood obesity through simple healthy eating habits and an increase in physical activity.
The following organizations are promoting the message:
• The City of Greeley
• Healthy Kids Club
• Weld County Department of Public Health & Environment
• North Range Behavioral Health
• Sunrise Community Health
• University of Northern Colorado
• Aims Community College
• Weld County School District 6
• Gilcrest Town Hall
• Platteville Chiropractic Center
• Beatnik Buzz Coffee Shop
• Platteville Dentistry
• Healing Hands Massage
You can help us connect with the larger community to spread the 5-2-1-0 message to residents, parents, children, patients, customers and more. To find out how to help, or for 5-2-1-0 materials, email us at email@example.com